Deionized Water System – HydroPure™
The Philadelphia Scientific deionized water system, the HydroPure PS-300, removes unwanted impurities from tap water. Each cartridge can produce over 5,000 litres of water (see purity table below).
The deionizer works by running water through a cartridge that contains two beds of magnetically charged materials that electrostatically removes the dissolved solids from the water. The deionized water system produces pure water that is comparable to distilled water and can be used where a high purity levels are required.
The Philadelphia Scientific’s deionized water system provides a cost effective way of producing high purity water. The price of each litre of water produced is significantly cheaper than purchasing distilled water.
Suitable applications are:
- Forklift battery water
- Car battery water
- Car cooling systems
- Window cleaning
- chemical manufacturing
- Steam irons
The system comes complete with a replaceable deionizer cartridge. The system comes with a built in battery powered purity light, which changes from green to red when the cartridge needs replacing. The purity light is set to change to red when the quality of the output waters exceeds 50ppm dissolved solids.
For sites requiring large amounts of deionized water we also have the PS-400, HydroPure Double Dionizer, which comes complete with 2 cartridges.
- Input/Operating Pressure: <80 psi (<5.52 bar)
- FlowRate: 0.5 gpm with provided restrictor (1.89 lpm)
- System Exposure Temperature: 35° to 160°F (2° to 71°C)
- Power Source: For purity light: 2 D-Cell Batteries (included); Battery life estimate: 2 Years
- Purity Light Setting: 50 ppm total dissolved solids
- Input Hose Size: 3/8 in (1.3 cm)
- Input Hose Length: 10 ft (3.0 m)
- Output Hose Size: 3/8 in (1.3 cm)
- Output Hose Length: 20 ft (6.0 m)
- Weight: 27 lb (12.2 kg)
- Height: 44 in (111.7 cm)
- Length: 7 in (17.8 cm)
- Width: 6 in (15.2 cm)
- Capacity: 600 gallons/2400 litres based on incoming water quality
Deionizer Purity Table
Deionizer Purity Light Indicator
The deionizer purity light is set to change from green to red when the quality of the output waters exceeds 50ppm dissolved solids.